Summary of Crime Victims’ Rights in Idaho
Each victim of a criminal or juvenile offense shall be:
- Treated with fairness, respect, dignity and privacy throughout the criminal justice process
- Permitted to be present at all court proceedings
- Entitled to a timely disposition of the case
- Given prior notification of proceedings and, upon request, given information about the sentence, incarceration, placing on probation or release of the defendant
- Heard, upon request, at all criminal justice proceedings considering a plea of guilty, sentencing, incarceration, placing on probation or release of the defendant
- Afforded the opportunity to provide a victim impact statement
- Notified whenever the defendant or suspect is released or escapes from custody
For more information regarding the rights of crime victims in Idaho:
Office of Attorney General Information for Crime Victims and Witnesses
This manual provides an overview of crime victims' rights and explains how cases proceed through the court system.
Idaho Manual on Rights of Victims of Crime
This manual offers information on procedural rights of victims of crime in Idaho.